Sunday, November 29, 2009

Countdown

Do do do doodly-do. Booooo...
OK so the English TV reference will be lost on all you Americans. But never mind It makes me smile.
A week to go and its time to focus my attention onto Gonou. I have to admit that my success at The Princeton Train show has got me all fired up to work some more on Gonou. It's pretty well completed. The Shinto Shrine will not make an appearance as I've just not been happy with the way the model has been turning out. I've has three or four goes at some of the buildings and I'm still not happy. But there is still the petrol station and the working lighthouse for folks to look at. So that should more than keep viewers happy. Work this week then will centre around making the trains run reliably. I've received a new class 103 from TrainaidsA and it runs very nicely. I'm still disappointed that new trains haven't been forthcoming from Eishindo in time for the show. But I think folks will be happy with what they see.
One task has been completed. That is painting the frame of the baseboard black as I do to all my layouts. This has improved the appearance no end. Makes it look like a proper layout. Now I just have to make it run like a proper layout.

No comments: