Sunday, December 6, 2009

Exhibition report

Another show in the bag for T scale and it has to be said another success. I always have worries about the stock performing in the public gaze but once again they didn't let me down. I set one train running when the doors opened at 9am and it circulated the track at a nice pleasing speed for over 100 minutes before I thought it was time to clean the track and wheels. The set I replaced it with performed exactly the same. If not better as this was a brand new unit I'd just bought. I talked and talked about T scale all day and still have a sore throat the day after. I was even interviewed on a local radio station about the layout. I only had one real problem and that was at times I was having to pick pieces of ground foam scenic cover out from the gears of the driving bogie. Just the tiniest little bit of foam in there can play havoc with the running qualities.
Everyone was very interested and I hope some folks walked away thinking about a T scale model railroad for their very own Below is a picture of the layout at the show and some more pictures can be seen here at a friends flickr site
The Granite City train show is always great fun and a huge thanks to Ed Olson and crew for putting it on. I hope to be back there again in the not too distant future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see the whole layout in one shot--and great to see that it appeared at a show, promoting the scale. Good job!