Sunday, February 14, 2010

Synchronicity?

syn-chro-nic-i-ty (n) coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related.
Now I don't know about you but I don't think I'd ever even given such things a passing thought, apart from that album by the Police back in 1983....
But here's the way things are playing out.
1. Feeling somewhat disappointed with T scale my enthusiasm is re-awakened by Jasons magnificent models.
2. Whilst at the Minnesota History Centre this weekend I was taken with a book "The Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway a Photographic History" by Don L Hofsommer. I always flick through railway books you never know what kind of inspiration you'll find in them. I was right. Plenty of inspirational photographs. But nothing that I could justify starting a totally new layout over. Then I turned a page an there it was, a picture of a GE Doodlebug not at all dissimilar to that created by Jason. It wasn't just one picture. Oh no, from then on it was page after page of GE Doodlebugs. It's like someone was shouting at me to create a T scale model of a Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway scene. I hope it wasn't Sting...
So there you go. I don't know if I should listen to that voice. In fact I agonised about buying that book overnight before I finally decided to purchase it. But the book is bought now. So I guess the pictures will scream at me until I do something about it.
Will I? Won't I? If I do, how long will it take me? Will new T scale stock from Eishindo materialise before Christmas?
Too many questions to answer. But what it does seem to show is my T scale days are most definitely NOT over.

No comments: