Saturday, March 20, 2010

Boxing Cleverer (part 2 of the box car story)

It has to be said that I was very disappointed with the roof line of the first box cars. I don't knw how I let myself get away with it I really don't. Any way another couple of attempts at making new ends and working out the most effective of fitting the ends, sides and floors together. (Ends and sides sit ON the floor and the ends fit BETWEEN the sides) Another more reasonable representation of a boxcar emerged from the shops...
Better but still not perfect. I still have a ways to go with learning to apply tiny amounts of CA (superglue) to fit the ladders in place.
Also, this one might actually be a bit tall. Probably by the thickness of the floor (.5mm) Not much you might say. But in T scale that's over one foot and enough to knock the proportions out of whack.
But it looks much better than the last efforts and I have no qualms about using this one as a grounded car body in some kind of scene on a layout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. You are zeroing in on a fine 1:450 boxcar.

Jesse said...

I'm impressed Ian, with a coat of paint this will look very convincing!