Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some Northstar thoughts

Just to show I'm taking this idea relatively seriously.
A Bombardier Bi-level coach is 25.9 meters in length. The longest T scale chassis, the KiHa is a scale 21 meters. A deficit of almost 5 meters or 10mm in length. A millimeter or two I could deal with but a whole centimeter is a different kettle of fish indeed. The KiHa chassis will have to be lengthened.
That will affect the radius of curve the vehicle will be able to negotiate I'm sure. As to if it will affect the pulling power or not I don't know.
The coaches themselves shouldn't be too difficult as they are all straight lines and angles. I think the best plan will be to make shells of clear styrene and cover that with a decal for the paint scheme.
I'll just have to have a go and find out.

No comments: