Friday, June 18, 2010

Research...

Damn you England! Getting my hopes up and then putting in a performance of mind numbing turgidity against Algeria...
So in order to cheer me up a bit I went into the garden and did some more accurate measuring and took some research photos.
My Back yard is 52 feet x 70 feet so in my chosen 1:25.4 scale (1mm equals 1 inch) that scales up to a layout size of a smidge over 2' x 2'9" within my guesstimate 2' x 3' and well within my 4' x 2' maximum.
Here are some research photos...
Above: I've always had my eye on this corner of the garden for some kind of garden railway layout.
Above: The line would run along towards the shed where I had envisioned some kind of store room for stock amongst the lawnmower, snowblower and other sundry gardening items kept in there.
Above: Then I could sit back on the deck here and watch the trains go around.
That's how I had always envisioned things and I don't see any reason to change my plans for the model.
The only compromise I might have to make is having things take up a larger area on the model than they would in reality as the model's 3" gauge trains would be approximately twice the size of the G scale stock I have.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

With less blockages they can work more efficiently and require much less maintenance. The chances of an expensive blockage in the underground drain are reduced and products such as gutter guards and down pipe filters will not clog up so quickly.

temporary fencing

Unknown said...

Someone who does slate or ceramic tile would be better to use than a shingle roofer, if you are really set on shake.

temporary fencing sydney