Friday, November 21, 2008

T thoughts

Things are pretty hot in T gauge at the moment.
The "talking T gauge" forum now has over 60 members from all over the world. The US, Australia, Europe and even Japan. It is exciting times. News is reaching us of "second generation" models to be produced by Eishindo. Quite exactly what that means we don't quite know yet. Hopefully it means improved drive trains and performance. We'll wait and see. But as we are still waiting for the second EMU set to be released (The Hankyu 9000 series model) we shan't hold our breath. But its good to know Eishindo are serious about this scale.
All this positivity is bleeding down into the T gauge modellers. Myself included. I just planted another 40 trees on Hitsu and much as I feared it wasn't enough. So I'm now developing what can only be described as a tree-top mat. I'll expand more on that later when I've decided how effective it is. It's much quicker than the toothpick trees, and I've got that down to doing 40 in under an hour. So watch this space on that one.
I have the wheels cleaned on both my class 103 sets and they've circumnavigated the layout. Watching trains run is always good for the enthusiasm. Things couldn't be better.
A couple of new websites and blogs have appeared too. this first website is from Japan and this new blog is from Jes in the Netherlands
All exciting stuff. I hope it's getting to you as much as it is getting to me...


No comments: