Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Too much excitement

WOW!
What a day!
Things were abso-flippin-lutely crazy in the T gauge world this morning. Talking T gauge was on fire with posts.
What hapenned to cause this? Did Cameron Diaz announce that she was an avid T gauger?
Nope. (I wish...)
We got wind of the proposed new releases from Eishindo. Let me tell you there are some very exciting things coming.
Flexible track is slated for January 2009.
Manual and electric turnouts are on the way too. Which is great for layout planning and building.
But for me the most important news was the fact that there is an N700 Shinkansen under development. This is exactly what I wanted. Put me down for a couple of them without a doubt. My first ideas for a T gauge layout centered around the Shinkansen. But I was baulking at the idea of building those. Now I can reconsider my plans. Excellent!
Mind you, lets not get too carried away. It could be another 18 months before we see them.
Apart from that Eishindo have quite the programme announced. A Railcar, some trams (streetcars) and even steam locomotives.
Now is the time to get into T gauge.
Get going what are you waiting for?

No comments: