Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ring out the old, ring in the new...

Well it's certainly been quite the year.
I would have never thought last December 31st that I would have built a T gauge layout in the forthcoming year, as well as have quite a bit of stock to run on it too. On top of that I even exhibited the layout as well...
T gauge as a whole has had quite the year. Barely known of outside Japan at the start of the year the rise in interest has been quite something. Yes, its still a minority scale but there are more minor ones about that have been around longer.
Eishindo, the manufacturer has listened to the modellers buying the stock and has had a programme of continual improvement for its products. With flexible track and points on the way as well as more different, improved trains coming. It might not be long before they are able to shed the "Toy Train" image.
The Talking T gauge forum now has grown to almost 80 members in a matter of a few months. A very friendly bunch of modellers of all levels of skills and abilities sharing experiences and techniques that we all benefit from. I've learned a lot from them all. Some of the work produced by them has made me feel like quitting, but mostly I've been inspired to build and not just in T. My enjoyment of the scale has passed on to my HO scale project that I'm building. I've even leared a few things about Japan along the way.
Quite the year all round then.
So what will the forthcoming year bring?
Well, we know what Eishindo plan to bring. As for me, a new layout is on the cards, on the drawing board in fact. So there will be something new for you all to keep tuning in to this blog for. So thanks to you all for dropping in to read this, for all your words of encouragement, and if I've inspired a few of you to have a go at T gauge as well then thats even better.
Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: