Friday, January 9, 2009

Get on with it!

Ok, we're getting nicely in to the new year and things are settling down after the Christmas/New Year rush. So I figured to day was as good as time as any to dismantle Hitsu. So I set to removed all the trees and started to strip the foam baseboard down to the wooden frame ready the chuck it into the dustbin (garbage for you colonials)
Now I expect that there are many of you aghast at this apparent ease and flippancy with which I describe this act.
"How could you? All that time and effort you put in" etc; etc:
Actually I find it easy. Hitsu wasn't right. Difficult to describe the feeling but it just wasn't right. I covered some of the design flaws in an earlier post. So if something isn't right. You change it.
Easy.
I do this with many layouts. In fact there's only one of the layouts that I've built that I haven't destroyed and that is Purespring Watercress. It is right. There's no way I can destroy it. It will probably stay with me to my grave...
I didn't destroy all the trees I made for Hitsu they will appear on the new layout.
It's cathartic. destroying a layout. It's also very messy...

No comments: