Monday, January 19, 2009

End of the day.

4pm and this is pretty much where I wanted to be. The sea level is stuck in place and the ground level above has been cut to shape and stuck in place. Thus far the layout is phenomenally light. and can know comfortable sit on the table in my "workshop" so I can have it in front of me as I work on it.
To give you an idea of how the scenics will develop I've placed a few other items in place to give you a feel for what Its going to look like. At the front right will be the lighthouse high upon a small rocky island. There will be a walkway between the mainland and the Island as there is at the prototoype Torii Saki. The rail line appears from in a clump of trees and then crosses the mouth of the river with a road and village behind that. The river passes underneath a road bridge and curves away around a corner to the backscene.
On the other side of the river will be the station platform and road running at the base of a cliff that will probably have some kind of temple or shrine at the top surrounded by trees. As the line curves around the corner it will be crossed by the road and then disappear through a tunnel.
That is how I see things developing so far. I'd like to feature a beach scene in there somehow to show off the Eishindo boats and water toys. We'll have to see how that fits in.
Not bad for a day's work.

No comments: