Friday, January 23, 2009

50 not out.

Readers of this blog, this, is entry number fifty.
I'm quite pleased and amazed by this achievement. I never gave any thought to getting up to 50 entries here concerning T gauge and my layout building escapades.
As if to mark this achievement this week the post office has been very busy delivering T gauge stuff. Today I received a package from Japan. Once again I am amazed. Today it was some packages of boats for the new layout that were to delight me. In my opinion these are some of the best scenic accessories that Eishindo produce.
Pack 1 contains a yacht (that is delightful to look at) a fishing boat, a tug boat and a small pleasure boat. All superb mouldings. Some boats even having handrails.
Pack number 2 defies belief. 4 jetski's two with riders. Two are stand up jetski's and two are seated. Two twin trailers for the watercraft. A rowing boat and gondola each with occupants and an strange swan shaped pedalo thing with occupants. I'm nearly always left speechless by what the manufacturer manages to produce. I wait with baited breath for the cars. I really do. I decided that it was about time to get my first T specific tools. Eishindo produce a small drill and pair of tweezers for positioning their tiny people so I thought I'd try them to see how useful they are.
Also in the mail this week was a package From freetime hobbies of Georgia who stock lots of ship modelling details. Scales like 1:450 are used by ship modellers to model large boats. It was there that I found some handrails (made by a company called Eduard) and ladders (from gold medal models), for the lighthouse specifically, but ladders can be used anywhere and the handrails might find their way onto either the road or rail bridge. Ship modellers will be used to these details. But I'm not so when I first saw these etched details. I was knocked sideways. The ladders are etched from brass and look great. The handrails are from nickel silver and... Well lets just say that they don't look much thicker than a human hair! I just hope that I'm able to work with these items.
This is always my first thought with these small things but if I take my time I don't see to have too much of a problem.
What will I be posting about in another 50 posts time I wonder?

No comments: